Withdrawing And Your 金融援助
Processing of 金融援助 After Withdrawing From the College
- Completed withdraw form with all appropriate signatures provided to the 注册商’s Office for processing.
- The 金融援助 Office (FAO) is notified of the date of withdraw by the 注册商’s Office.
- Charges are provided to the FAO by the Business Office.
- The FAO is required to recalculate the “Title IV” financial aid award on a pro-rated basis for the amount of time the student attended classes. The withdraw date is used to determine the length of time.
- The FAO returns any funds to the
联邦援助程序. This often leaves the student with a bill due to the college.
- The FAO will notify students by letter of the results of the calculation and the Business Office will send an invoice if a bill is due.
What 援助 is Included in the Calculation?
"Title IV Funds" refers to the federal financial aid 程序s authorized under the Higher Education Act of 1965 (as amended) and includes: Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized 贷款, Federal Parent 贷款 to Undergraduate Students (PLUS), Federal Pell 奖助金, and Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG). The awards will be returned in the following order:
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan
- Federal Direct Subsidized Loan
- Federal Parent 贷款 to Undergraduate Students (PLUS)
- Federal Pell Grant
A Student's Withdrawal Date Is:
This date is determined by the date listed on the School Withdrawal Form, the date the student is dismissed from the college, or the date the college determines the student is no longer attending.
For veterans receiving veteran's benefits the withdrawal date is the last date of attendance or date of the last documented academically-related activity.