A loan is a type of financial aid that is available to 学生s 和/or parents to assist in covering educational expenses that are not covered by grants 和/or scholarships. There are two types of 学生 loans: 联邦 和 私人.
The interest rate for the Direct Subsidized 和 Unsubsidized 贷款 first disbursed on or after July 1, 2023, 七月一日之前, 2024, is 5.50%. 贷款 where the first disbursement is made on or after October 1, 2020, 10月1日之前, 2024, 会有1英镑的费用吗.057%.
- 联邦直接补贴贷款- awarded to 学生s with financial need. 美国.S. Department of Education pays the interest on the loan while you are in school.
- 联邦直接无补贴贷款- Interest accumulates while 学生s are in school. 这也是一种非需求贷款.
- 家长PLUS贷款 – Your parents may qualify for a 联邦维irect 家长PLUS贷款 to help you pay for college. This type of loan enables your parent to borrow up to an amount equal to your total cost of attendance at 塞迪斯史蒂文斯学院 minus any other financial aid you receive.
- Interest Rates for Direct 加上贷款s First disbursed on or after July 1, 2023, 七月一日之前, 2024, is 8.05%.
- 贷款 where the first disbursement is made on or after October 1, 2020, 10月1日之前, 2024, 会有4英镑的费用吗.228%.
- 选择贷款 - If you require additional funds after all Federal-aid 和 institutional aid has been awarded, 你可以申请一个 另类学生贷款. These loans typically require a cosigner 和 are from a 私人 lending institution.
- Several programs are available for your consideration. 贷款 terms vary, so you will want to be a conscientious consumer 和 review multiple loans options.
应用ing for 贷款/Maintaining Eligibility
联邦维irect 贷款 (学生 is the borrower)
Financial Need will determine what amount a 学生 is eligible for in Subsidized or Unsubsidized funds. If a 学生 is an independent or a dependent 学生 whose parent has been denied for a 家长PLUS贷款, the 学生 is eligible to receive an additional $4,000 in the 联邦直接无补贴贷款. If the 学生 receives other financial aid, the loan amount may be less.
Important Things to Know 威尼斯人手机注册 the 联邦维irect 贷款
- You may cancel all or a portion of the loan within 14 days of the date the school notifies you that the loan funds have been credited to your account.
- The loan funds are disbursed via EFT transfer to 学生s' accounts each semester, starting after the designated census date. After the initial disbursement, funds are reviewed for disbursement as needed.
- 这笔贷款必须偿还给美国.S. 教育部(USDE).
- You cannot receive a 联邦维irect 贷款 worth more than the cost of attendance.
- 开始还款 六个月 after you graduate or are no longer enrolled in courses worth at least six credits.
- You can only receive the loan for 150% of your program length of study.
- 费用 for loans with a first disbursement on or after October 1, 2020年及10月1日之前, 2024年是1年.057%.
- For the 2023-2024 academic year, the interest rate for subsidized 和 unsubsidized loans is 5.50%.
- 贷款 还款 schedule 和 MPN terms 和 conditions can be found on 学生aid.政府.
- Upon disbursement, your loan information will be shared with the National 学生 贷款 Data System (NSLDS). It will be accessible by authorized agencies, lenders, 和 institutions. The loan servicer assigned to your loan will be available by logging into the 联邦学生援助网站, 和 viewing the information under “My 贷款 Servicers” section.
- Upon separation from the College, 学生 loan borrowers are required to complete Exit
We request that you do not apply for a PLUS loan until May 1 for the upcoming academic year. This ensures the credit check does not expire.
- 网上申请: 学生aid.政府.
- Under "应用 For 援助" select "应用 for a 家长PLUS贷款."
- Sign in using the parent's FSA User ID.
- Complete a four-step application process, allowing the Department of Education to check their credit 和 approve them for the loan.
- Click on Complete Master Promissory Note(MPN
) ,select PLUS MPN for Parents, 和 follow the instructions provided.
Important Things to Know 威尼斯人手机注册 the 联邦维irect 加上贷款
学生must be enrolled in at least 6 credits per semester.
- A parent must pass a credit check. 如果父母被拒绝，
学生may be eligible to receive an additional $4,000 per academic year in the 联邦直接无补贴贷款.
- Interest occurs from the date the loan is disbursed.
- Funds are disbursed via EFT to 学生s accounts each semester starting after the designated census date. After the initial disbursement, funds are reviewed for disbursement as needed.
- 费用 for loans with a first disbursement on or after October 1, 2020年及10月1日之前, 2024年的费用为4美元.228% deducted from the total loan amount at the time of disbursement.
- For the 2023-2024 academic year the loan has a fixed interest rate of 8.05%.
- Upon disbursement your loan information will be shared with the National 学生 贷款 Data System (NSLDS). It will be accessible by authorized agencies, lenders, 和 institutions. The loan servicer assigned to your loan will be available by logging into the 联邦学生援助网站, 和 viewing the information under "My 贷款 Servicers" section.
Some Benefits of Borrowing 联邦维irect 贷款
- No required payments while in school.
- 6 month grace period before payments are required.
- 拖延和忍耐 协助的选项
Before you consider an alternative loan, make sure you have determined your eligibility for 联邦维irect 贷款 和 联邦维irect 加上贷款s. Then, consider other options for financing your education.
You are free to choose any lender you wish. 贷款 terms vary, so you will want to be a conscientious consumer. Compare a historical list of lenders that other 学生s have used over the past four years.
注意: The Office of 金融援助 provides borrowers with a list of historical lenders. These lenders have established themselves as quality institutions based
It is important for 学生s to underst和 that when borrowing loans that money must be repaid at a later time. 如果你已经毕业了, withdrawn or been dismissed from Thaddeus Stevens, 你需要填写一份表格 联邦维irect 贷款 Exit 咨询.
After Completing the Exit 咨询 you should also review the following information on the 联邦学生援助网站.
- 的详细示例 还款方式 和 schedules that may best meet your needs.
- 贷款 合并选项 .
- 贷款 Servicer 联系 information. The loan servicer is the company that h和les the billing 和 other 服务 on your Federal 学生 loan(s). The contact information will be listed under the "My 贷款 Servicers" section of the dashboard.
If you find you are having trouble making your monthly loan payments reach out to your servicer. They can help you to determine if you qualify for deferment or forbearance of your payments, or offer alternative 还款 options to meet your needs.
Although some of the deferments 和 forbearances allow you to place your loans on hold for a few months at a time, 它们应该适量使用. There is a time limit to each deferment 和 forbearance, 和 once the maximum time has been spent, you will no longer be eligible for them again.
Difficulty making payments can lead to your account becoming delinquent (past due), 和 further continuation of delinquency can lead to default of your loan.
- Delinquency: When your account is delinquent, on your 学生 loan payment for 90 days or more, your loan servicer will report the delinquency to the three major national credit bureaus. You will receive phone calls 和 letters from your servicer to notify you of the missed payment. If the payment or other arrangements are not made, this can lead to credit reporting 和 possible outsourcing of your loan to an outside collection agency.
- Default: Occurs if you fail to make payments according to the terms of your Master Promissory Note, 和 your loan reaches 270 days of delinquency. 如果你的贷款违约, you will run the risk of having the account balance due in full, 可能会被起诉, ineligible to receive future 学生 loans if you return to school, 所得税扣押, payments being taken from your paycheck, 信用报告.
Additional information on ways to avoid delinquency 和 default can be found on the 联邦学生援助网站.
The best way to avoid default is to M.A.N.A.G.E 你的贷款:
- M -监控你的债务
- A - Avoid the overuse of credit cards 和 excess loan borrowing.
- N -需要整理贷款文件.
- A - Acquaint yourself with your loan servicer.
- G – Gain underst和ing of your loan terms 和 conditions of 还款.
- E - Establish a monthly budget to ensure payments are made timely.