All students must apply with VA to use their education benefits
- 的 GI Bill® Comparison Tool can help you explore your benefits.
- 应用 for Education Benefits
- If you were awarded Post-9/11 GI Bill education benefits, your GI Bill Statement of Benefits will show you how much of your benefits you’ve used and how much you have left to use for your education or training.
To determine eligibility, students must submit a copy of their Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or Statement of Benefits to the VA Certifying Official via e邮件, 传真, 邮件, 或面对面. This document is available approximately 30 days after applying for education benefits with VA. 的 Statement of Benefits can be accepted if a Certificate of Eligibility is unavailable.
Students must also submit a copy of their Member 4 DD214, if applicable.
Note: "GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the 官方U.S. 政府网站."
School Certified Benefit Programs
CHAPTER 30 - MONTGOMERY GI BILL ® ACTIVE DUTY
- 2 or 3 years of Active Duty
- GED or High School Diploma
- Contributes $100 per month for first 12 months
- Accrues at the rate of 1 month for each month of Active Duty up to 36 months
- Access additional information on the Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty.
CHAPTER 31 - VETERAN READINESS & 就业(虚拟现实&R)
- Needs a 10% VA disability or more to apply
- As many as 48 months of entitlement
- Access application information.
CHAPTER 33 - POST 9/11 GI BILL ®
- You served at least 90 days on active duty (either all at once or with breaks in service) on or after September 11, 2001, or
- You received a Purple Heart on or after September 11, 2001, and were honorably discharged after any amount of service, or
- You served for at least 30 continuous days (all at once, without a break in service) on or after September 11, 2001, and were honorably discharged with a service-connected disability, or
- You’re a dependent child using benefits transferred by a qualifying Veteran or service member. Access additional information on transferring benefits.
- Access additional information on Chapter 33 benefits.
- You must verify your enrollment each month to receive your MHA payment.
- Opt In: Students with a U.S. mobile phone number can use text messages as an option for verifying monthly enrollment. As your enrollment approaches, you will receive the following opt-in text: “Post-9/11 GI Bill housing and kicker payments now require monthly enrollment verification. Would you like to submit yours via text? Please reply YES or NO.” Reply “YES” to opt in. 的 text message link will expire 14 days after receipt, so please respond within that time frame.
- Verify: After opting in, you can verify your enrollment every month by responding to the following text message from VA: “Did you remain enrolled in your courses in MONTH YEAR as certified? Please reply YES or NO. If you have dropped all your courses, you must reply NO.” Reply “YES” to verify enrollment for the previous month. If you don’t reply within 6 days, the conversation will expire and you will need to call the Education Call Center (ECC) at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) domestically or 001-918-781-5678 internationally to verify your enrollment.
- If you are unable to verify via text, you will need to contact the ECC at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) and ask a representative to verify your enrollment.
CHAPTER 35 - SURVIVORS & DEPENDENTS EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE
- For spouses and children of 100% service-connected disabled veterans or spouses/children of veterans who died in service
- Access additional information on Chapter 35 benefits.
CHAPTER 1606 MONGOMERY GI BILL - SELECTED RESERVE (MGIB-SR)
- 6 or more years in the Selected Reserves after 7/1/85
- GED or High School Diploma
- Completed the initial Active Duty for training
- Completed 180 days of service in the Selected Reserves
- You must verify your enrollment for each month to receive payment for that month.
- You can submit your enrollment certifications via the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) 程序
- 电话: 1-877-823-2378 (toll-free).
- If your enrollment has changed during the month, you must verify your enrollment through the WAVE 程序
- Access additional information on MGIB-SR benefits.
CHAPTER 1607 RESERVE EDUCATION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (REAP)
- Serve a minimum of 90 consecutive days on Active Service after 9/11/01
- Remain with your component
Federal and State Benefit Programs
EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (EAP) & MILITARY FAMILY EDUCATION PROGRAM (MFEP)
- If you, a parent, or a spouse are in the PA National Guard, you may qualify for tuition benefits. National Guard students can apply for EAP, while a dependent or spouse can apply for MFEP.
- Applications can be submitted online directly to the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Authority (PHEAA).
- 的 College will pay the EAP/MFEP funds to the student account once we have received your information on the roster from PHEAA.
- 各州的指导方针, 军事援助, such as Federal 学费 Assistance (FTA) and CH 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill ® will be taken into consideration and may reduce your EAP award, even if the College is notified after your aid has disbursed.
- Student will receive the lesser of:
- Full Time Student- 100% of the tuition plus technology fee at the institution where you are enrolled OR the annual tuition rate and technology fee charged to a Pennsylvania resident at a state-owned university.
- Part Time Student - 100% of the tuition plus technology fee for a part-time course of study at the institution where you are enrolled OR the per credit tuition and technology fee charged to a Pennsylvania resident at a state-owned university for the number of credits in which you are enrolled
Military Leave of Absence
每当学生, as members of the Pennsylvania National Guard or reserve component of the Armed Forces of the United States, are called or ordered to active duty, a leave of absence must be granted.
学生们, when released from active duty, are entitled to and restored to the educational status previously attained without any loss of credits earned. 的 College will refund tuition and fees paid or credit the tuition and fees to the next semester or term after termination of military leave at the option of the student.
的 College will give students the option of a 100% refund of tuition and fees or a credit for the next semester’s tuition and fees. If students take a refund and return, the refund shall be at the existing rate.
联系 the School Certifying Official if information is needed about this process.
Director of 金融援助 and VA School Certifying Official
Mailing Address: 750 East King Street, 兰开斯特，宾夕法尼亚州17602